• Revista Speak Up Impressa
  • Revista Speak Up Digital
  • Revista Speak Up Digital

347 - Prince Charles’s school days

Federico Torti (Standard British accent)

So Prince Charles went to my school (Gordonstoun in Scotland – ed) back in, I think, the ‘70s or ‘60s, and he didn’t really enjoy his time there initially. That’s because public schools, I guess, at the time were completely different than they are now: yeah, they were, and that’s mainly because there was a sort of system of oppression from the sort of the higher years, I guess, into forcing you to do, you know, essentially cheap labour, I don’t know, just forcing you to do really like terrible tasks, like... not terrible but just.. I don’t know, cleaning someone’s shoes... cleaning someone’s shoes or something like that, and going to get, you know, the food for the house, and throwing away the bins... like the rubbish bins and stuff, so. And he was... he was bullied. I guess that’s because of the sort of intrinsic sort of differences that existed between him and other people at the school. And, you know, he was a noble(man), and some people there were, you know, fishermen or farmers, and, you know, there was a pretty big difference, obviously, between them, so sometimes class wars happen, I guess! But, no, it’s completely changed, as in you probably do feel a bit of this hierarchy when you’re in Year Nine, but it doesn’t go to the same extent that it would have been back in... back in the days. And it’s definitely a growing experience, and people... there’s way too much (political) correctness nowadays on not... there not being a hierarchy, but I think it is a way to be able to grow to respect your elders, and so that’s what I’ve learnt, when I was there.

(Federico Torti, who was recently a pupil at Gordonstoun, was talking to Mark Worden)

Tags: vídeo do mês Speak Up Digital Prince Charles

Compre esta Edição - 347

Edição do Mês 347 - MASTER

Revista Digital MASTER. Edição 347.

Todos os recursos das outras versões na versão para PC e Mac, inclusive os áudios em MP3, mais a possibilidade de imprimir as páginas que desejar*.

Este é o prometido “Teacher’s Pack”, conveniente também para escolas e para todos que preferem manusear as matérias em papel.

Duração: Lifetime
Preço: R$25,90
Revista Speak Up Impressa