• Revista Speak Up Impressa
  • Revista Speak Up Digital

340 - Don’t Forget Who You Are

Speaker: Mark Worden (Standard British accent)

Miles Kane talks about his latest album, Don’t Forget Who You Are, which was released on the Columbia label:

Miles Kane (Standard British/Liverpool accent)

I guess for the... the whole inspiration for this record, for me, was to... I wanted to make a Saturday night album, you know, and I wanted to make a record that made you feel up and... and it was something that if you had friends round for a few drinks before going out in town, it was the record that you put on, in a way like those old Motown records, or (What’s the Story) Morning Glory? by Oasis, or something in the spirit of that thing, you know. And... and... and that was... that was the blueprint, really, and then when I sat down with Ian Broudie, who produced it, and we had that... this conversation, we ended up writing this song called “Taking Over,” which is a real sort of glam stomping sort of rock’n’roll tune with a great Mersey beat chorus, and... and once we... and then we recorded that track and once that was recorded it was like, “Wow, this is exactly what it... we’re describing, really, so let’s just do an album of that. And there was a lot of songs written and he helped me finetune a lot of the songs, and pick out the best bits and get rid of stuff that wasn’t up to scratch, and... and he had a massive part of it as well, Ian Broudie, you know, and... and I’ll never forget that, and he’s a top feller as well, you know, and, yeah, and... and that was it, and it was a very fun record to make, and a lot of high energy and even when I was doing the vocals, I didn’t want to do more than three takes, and ‘cause when we play live I... I love to give it a “Raahh!” or a “Yeah!” you know, a scream, and... and I think on modern day records there isn’t enough of that, it’s all so pre... precise, but the sense of pop music is things to just be in the moment and... and to feel good and... and so all those little moments on the record where it’s... we’ve got big choruses, but then there’ll be an occasional “Oh, yeah!” or scream, you know, we left them in ‘cause it’s real, and, yeah, it’s just a very exciting record that I’m very proud of.

(Miles Kane was talking to Mark Worden)

Tags: vídeo do mês Edições Digitais Edição 340 Extras Revista Speak UP Miles Kane