• Revista Speak Up Digital

316 - The Wild Man

Jimmy Kimmel (Standard American accent)

Our next guest makes his living intentionally endangering his own life, he has a TV show called Man vs. Wild and, starting in May, a new live show coming to your city, to possibly endanger you; it’s called Mud, Sweat and Tears Live. Please welcome the unkillable Bear Grylls! (applause and music) How are you doing?

Bear Grylls (Standard British accent)
Yeah, good, surviving...

Jimmy Kimmel
Thanks for coming...

Bear Grylls
...at least I’m not under your desk this time...

Jimmy Kimmel
Yeah, that is nice! Well, I guess it’s nice.

Bear Grylls
Are you still putting the gum under there and...? 

Jimmy Kimmel
Yeah, yeah, yeah, we did a little something, for those who didn’t see it, months ago, where you were trapped under my desk, but you escaped.

Bear Grylls
Well, I was doing a show under there!

Jimmy Kimmel
That’s right. How are you? How’s everything going?

Bear Grylls
Yeah, good, yeah, I’ve been kind of busy, but...

Jimmy Kimmel
You do so much dumb stuff it’s hard for me to believe you’re not American, you know!

Bear Grylls
I’ve dropped on my head a lot, at a young age!

Jimmy Kimmel
How many seasons of your show, of Man vs. Wild, have you done!

Bear Grylls
Well, I’ve just wrapped up season six of... of the show, so... (applause)                                                                                                                                   

Jimmy Kimmel
And... and when will... when will you declare a winner, will there ever be a winner declared, or it’s just... it will keep going?

Bear Grylls
I’m slowly learning the wild is... the wild really is the winner.

Jimmy Kimmel
I think people don’t know about you is that you have a family, you have little kids, and a wife, and while you’re off doing this crazy stuff, they’re probably at home hoping you come back home, right?

Bear Grylls
Yeah, I’ve got three young boys, Jesse, Marmaduke and Huckleberry, (applause) and they’re... they’re totally wild!

Jimmy Kimmel
And you decided to let their... they be... them be in danger on the school yard14, instead of...! Marmaduke, huh? You know that’s a cartoon dog over here, right?

Bear Grylls
I know! I know! Everyone in America says, “You can’t call your son after a dog!” but the thing is in the UK Marmaduke was a... he was a great World War One fighter pilot ace, so I thought...

Jimmy Kimmel
He was?

Bear Grylls
Yeah, he was.

Jimmy Kimmel
So was Snoopy, you know!

Bear Grylls
But, no, no, they’re fun kids and they love of all of this adventure stuff.

Jimmy Kimmel
They do? I would bet they do, you must be the coolest dad that ever walked the Earth, I mean, really! How could you ever tell them not to do anything?

Bear Grylls
I’m always telling them not to do stuff! The thing is, you know, I came home the other day, I was doing a work-out, and I... and I said to Jesse, I said, “Listen, just fill up my water bottle, go outside, you know, I’m training, just fill it up... up at the hose.” Heraces outside and he comes back and he’s grinning. And he gives me the water bottle and I take a swig, and he... he’s peed in it!  (laughter) I go, “You’ve peed in my water bottle! What are you doing?” And he goes, “Papa, you... I saw you peeing in a snake skin, you pee in the snake skin!” So I’m saying, “Look, do as I say, and not as I do!”