08 Profile:Dr House
    10 Travel:The London Duck Tour
    12 Strange Stories:Musical Madness
    36 Teacher´s Corner:Get more words!

NEWS 
    04 Letters & Club
    43 Crosswords
    44 The Good Life

• This month your magazine opens doors a little to nostalgia. We talk about Woodstock 38 years later, with icon Country Joe McDonald – were you alive in 1969? In any event, there’s the Burning Man Festival, where you can relive that spirit, in the desert of Nevada. We also remember the only modern war that ever came close to Brazil, though it took place already 25 years ago.
    Continue lendo...

340 - The Eyeborg

Canadian documentary-maker Rob Spence is known as "The Eyeborg." Here he explains why:

Rob Spence (Canadian accent)

I was nine years old and I took a gun to shoot a pile of cow shit! I hit it: there was an explosion of shit. Unfortunately, I also damaged my eye very badly, so I didn’t lose the eye then, but… I did lose the eye six years ago because the eye just got worse and worse. So, by the time I lost the eye, I was a documentary film maker. So that, combined with the fact that I have a Six Million Dollar Man doll – action figure, not a doll – from when I was a kid… with… where you can look through the back of his head to his right eye. So I was like, “I might as well make an eye camera.” I called engineers, who have been very kind… to me, and it’s the kind of project a lot of engineers enjoy; it’s a little bit science fiction, and we… about a year-and-a-half ago, we got Time magazine’s “One of the best inventions of the year.” As you can imagine, after I got a camera eye made , I became very interested in cyborgs and all things cybernetic, so one day, when I was on Twitter, twittering about cyborgs, I got a call from Square Enix (the video game makers), and they were like, “Would you be interested in becoming a spokesborg for Deus Ex: Human Revolution?” And I said, “Well, you know, I make documentaries. Why don’t you let me make a documentary about what I’m on Twitter about every day… it’s… it’s a documentary I’d like to do, I’d like to do it with my camera eye. Just let me go around the world and talk to some of the most advanced cyborgs now.” And obviously the footage that these guys came up with is amazing, as a film maker, of course I want to cut to the future, excellent, you know, Adam Jensen style. So they were really great, they just gave me complete freedom to go out and film whatever I wanted, but I think we were so on the same page that, you know, it just… it just worked out really well. I met some people that are absolutely incredible. The first guy I interviewed, he’s completely blind, but at one point he had a chip on his retina so that he could read 4-centimetre text, he could recognise objects, and that is the combination of his bionic eye and my bionic eye is… is getting into the future, what… what this guy (he points to the poster of Deus Ex: Human Revoluton hero Adam Jensen) has in his head. (He puts the camera in his eye). Children love this. My… my niece… I have two nieces, they just go (he imitates a child’s facial expression of total amazement).

Tags: vídeo do mês Edições Digitais Edição 340

Modalidades da Revista Speak Up Digital

• Assinatura Revista Speak UP MasterRevista Digital Master Historic.

Todos os recursos das outras versões, para PC e Mac (inclusive os arquivos de áudio em MP3 em separado), mais a possibilidade de imprimir as páginas que desejar*. Ideal para professores e escolas, e para todos que preferem manusear as matérias em papel.

Preço especial: R$ 150,00 por 6 edições mais 1 Grátis
    *Esta versão foi testada e funcionou nos sistemas Windows e iOS. Mas não há garantia absoluta de que o recurso de impressão funcionará em todo e qualquer modelo de computadores e impressoras. Você pode testar a impressão em seu equipamento com a edição Free Trial.
  • Assinatura Revisa Speak Up Áudio Plus HistoricRevista Digital AUDIO PLUS HISTORIC.

Além das matérias com seus respectivos áudios, a versão Audio Plus Historic dá acesso ao conjunto de arquivos de áudio MP3 de uma edição (por exemplo, para carregar em seu celular, ouvir no carro, MP3 Player ou mesmo gravar em um CD).

Preço especial: R$ 110,00 por 6 Edições mais 1 Grátis.

CLIQUE AQUI PARA ASSINAR

• Assinatura Revista Speak Up Standard HistoricRevista Digital STANDARD HISTORIC.

Todos os recursos de texto, áudio e imagens disponibilizados através de aplicativo próprio para seu dispositivo: smartphone, tablet ou computador. Perfeito para uso e navegação digital.

Preço: R$ 75,00 por 6 Edições mais 1 grátis.

CLIQUE AQUI PARA ASSINAR

Edição Master Gratuita

Extras

• Exercícios

Exercícios

Clique aqui para fazer o download dos Worksheets
  • Karaoke

ASSINE A REVISTA

Clique aqui para assinar as edições históricas por 6 meses.
  • Áudio

Áudio em MP3

Clique aqui para fazer o download dos áudios da revista.

Baixe Agora na App Store

Aplicativo Para Estudar Inglês e Praticar - Disponível na Apple Store

Baixe Agora no Google Play

Aplicativo Para Estudar Inglês e Praticar - Disponível no Google Play

Follow Us on Social Media